Saturday, December 20, 2008

Taking the plunge

I decided that I better start my own blog before it became an embarrassing issue...I create blogs for my clients, even implement blog schedules so the topics are already planned out to make it easy. I actively comment on others blogs, but did I have a blog? No, not until now...

So why do I think it is so important not only to have a blog but to do something with it? In today's business environment it isn't enough to hang your shingle, put an ad in the yellow pages, or have a print ad in the newspaper. In fact, for a lot of businesses today those marketing tactics would totally useless. You need a website, a blog that you actually post to, Facebook page and if you "tweet" with any regularity you are really on top of your game! If you are a business owner you want people to consider you an expert in your field. So along with demonstrating expertise in my field of media relations and sustainable business practices I hope to share ideas with other business owners that might give them some insight into the new rules of marketing and public relations. And, if all goes as planned this blog will become a forum where we can learn from each other.

So with this very simple, straight forward post I launch my blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment